Tuesday 19 June 2007

Reminiscing again

My neighbour is flying off tomorrow morning. How time flies. It seems only yesterday that i was here in Currie all alone, before everybody flew in. Now the end of the semester draws near, and everybody is saying their goodbyes. As i discussed with Snappi yesterday night, i really wonder how much of this experience i will take back with me to Singapore, how many of these friends will really be relationships that will last. I wonder.

I flipped through the camera and saw images from months past. The bits that caught my attention were the pictures i took before, way before flying over.

I remember rushing like crazy on skates, dragging two weaklings along as we hunted almost futilely for treasure, but finally finding a treasure in one of the organisers, namely Ms J****.

I remember pigging out like crazy over all kinds food, and rushing like crazy to get my "book" printed before i flew off.

I remember photographing my brother as he dressed up in an insane costume, waving the house's chopper around like Freddy, Jason or Michael Myers.

I remember the tony tony chopper wallpaper on my workplace desktop, and the people who were constantly complaining. Sadly most of my ex colleagues have already left the organisation.

I miss so much of the life i used to have back in singapore. People may say that singapore is a small island, that there is pretty much nothing to do except food, movies, shopping and pool. The difference is in the company. One may have the world to yourself, but without the ones you love sharing it with you, it is nothing but a hollow conqueror's crown. On the other hand, being stuck on a small red dot with the ones who are closest to you can be an experience that cannot be replaced.

My mind's a mess. Nostalgia, dread and above all, longing.

A song going through my mind now...........

二分之一的爱情

喜欢雨中抱你紧紧的感觉
世界只有我们没有谁
希望可以拥你入睡的喜悦
天知道这是仅有的安慰
长长厮守的缠绵
以为是纷飞的错觉
害怕清醒的泪水
抹去所有你的画面
我知道这是二分之一的机会
你说爱他比我还要更多一些
我仍然愿意不顾一切
只因我真的真的不要这样分别
我知道这是二分之一的机会
感情不是真心就可以换得回
我真的真的害怕伤悲
爱你的心 求你真的了解
我知道这是二分之一的机会
痴痴等你的心 唤不回

歌手:周传雄

No comments: